Here's how to get to Maggie Valley, NC from Tampa, FL.
It is best to take I-75 North, through Atlanta.
- Program Your GPS for "2901 Soco Rd, Maggie Valley, NC 28751"
This is the Maggie Valley Volunteer Fire Department
The road up to our hill is called Twinbrook Lane.
It's between the Fire Dtp. and a restaurant called J. Authur's
- Your GPS should do a reasonable job of getting you to Maggie Valley all the way to the Fire Station.
- After that, you'll need our directions from the Arrive page. (you must be logged in to see this page)
It takes about 8 hours to get to Atlanta.
Atlanta rush hours are between
- 6am to 10am
- Noon to 1:30pm
- 4:00 to 9:30pm
- Plan your departure accordingly
* Some GPS will take you around to the East of Atlanta on I-285. We've found straight through Atlanta on I-75 is faster because there's traffic anywhere you go, and it's shorter. Your choice.
** I-75 from Macon, GA to Atlanta to Gainesville, GA is mind numbing! Save your movies for this stretch.
- After you are through Atlanta take I-85N.
- I-85 quickly becomes I-985, then US-23N / US-441 / US-74. (They all trade names at some point)
- You basically stay on this road through GA, into NC, till you get to US-19 in Waynesville.
- There are exits along the way around Franklin, NC. and Dillsboro, NC.
- Your GPS should do a good job of getting you to the Maggie Valley Fire Department.
GPS will fail you if you try to get up our hill to the house.
To get up the hill visit the Arrive page.
Adventures Along the Way
- Tallulah Gorge State Park in GA.
A beautiful natural landmark with a great nature center.
There's a $5 entrance fee
You could spend 1-2 hours here
There are 600 stair/steps and it will get your blood flowing.
- Ice Cream
Just inside NC, in the town of Otto you'll find The Spring Ridge Dairy
11856 Georgia Rd, Otto, NC 28763
It's on the right side of the road as you are going North.
Fuel PlanWe use GasBuddy to plan our tirp with gas stops.
After you get to J. Authur's you will need to get the final set of directions from the
You must be logged in to see this page.